In addition to competitive compensation, SEK offers a wide range of benefits to team members. They include the following:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nine paid holidays
- Reduced summer hours Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
- Flexible schedules
- Dress for Your Day policy
- On-site flu vaccinations
- SEK branded clothing
Benefit Plans & Retirement
- Group medical plans with employee base coverage paid by SEK
- Voluntary dental and vision plans
- Group life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- 401(k) profit sharing plan with employer contributions
Professional Development & Memberships
- CPA Exam Incentive Program – exam reimbursement, assistance with materials, and bonus for successful completion.
- Continuing Education – internal and external CPE training is provided by the firm.
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Professional & civic membership dues paid by SEK
- Mentoring Program – staff members select a senior mentor and meet regularly to discuss career opportunities and personal goals.
- Employee Referral Program – bonus awarded to employees who refer full-time or part-time hires.
Firm Events & Additional Perks
- Firmwide Meeting – all employees meet once a year to share information and participate in team-building exercises.
- Busy Season Luncheons – the firm and its clients provide lunch for the employees regularly throughout the busy season.
- SEK Day – the first Friday after April 15th is a paid firm holiday enjoyed by all employees.
- Lunch Buddy Program – new employees are treated to lunch during their first month to get to know coworkers.
- Community Involvement – employees in each office have the opportunity to participate in charitable events that support their local communities. To learn more, view our 2018 Impact Report.
- Best Accounting Firm, Reader Rankings Awards, 2019, Central Penn Business Journal
- Readers' Choice Accounting Firm - Simply the Best Awards, 2019, Harrisburg Magazine
- Top 3 - Best Tax Service - Franklin County Readers' Choice Awards, 2019, Public Opinion
- Leading CPA Firm in the Capitol Region, 2019, Accounting Today
- 102nd, Top 250 Private Companies in Central PA, 2019, Central Penn Business Journal
- 190th, Top 200 Firms, 2019, Inside Public Accounting
- Annual Golf Outing – employees of all skill levels are encouraged to enjoy an afternoon on the course with coworkers
SEK is a great place to work and I really cannot imagine myself anywhere else. The work-life balance is the main thing that stands out to me. The firm promotes an environment that fosters development and allows individuals to build a rewarding career. Helping clients with their accounting and consulting needs is also very gratifying.
Daryl L. StaleyCPA