Industries / Local Government
The leadership and services local governments provide are the foundation of strong communities. As a governmental entity, the public holds you to a higher standard. SEK has helped organizations like yours identify solutions to their unique challenges for more than 55 years. With the expertise that comes from working with more than 100 governmental entities, you will see how our knowledge evolves into advice, suggestions, and fresh ideas that will propel you forward.
We Are Experts
The members of our governmental team receive specialized training related specifically to governmental entities. You will not only work with people who are qualified to perform your work, but who are also able to take what they learn from other organizations and share it with you to improve your own situation.
The members of our governmental team are often involved in providing that training to other professionals and our clients through seminars. At our annual governmental seminar, you can receive training on the current topics impacting governmental entities.
We Are Recognized
The AICPA’s Government Audit Quality Center recognizes our firm in their membership for our commitment to our governmental audit practice, willingness to meet rigorous quality control standards, and undergo additional scrutiny of our government audits during the peer review process.
How Our Clients Benefit
- Communication to relay new developments in laws and regulations, opportunities to uncover needs and concerns, and promote a cooperative relationship.
- Proactive advice to assure opportunities are anticipated, identified, promptly evaluated, and creatively pursued.
- Efficiency through in-depth knowledge and understanding of local government entities.
- Experience and specialized training for governmental accounting and audits.
- Continuity of staff with advisors who are knowledgeable of the highly specialized field.
Entities We Serve
- Cities, towns
- Boroughs, townships, counties
- Municipal and special purpose authorities
- Colleges and universities
- School districts and intermediate units
- Vocation-technical and charter schools
- State agencies
- Conservation districts
Services We Provide
- Financial statement audits
- Yellow Book and Single audits
- PLANCON Audits (PA school districts) and DCED Audits (PA municipalities)
- Payroll processing
- Staff training
- Controller services
- Indirect cost/cost allocation studies
- Real estate tax, earned income tax, amusement tax, and other audits
- Forensic audits
- Accounting systems; budgeting; bond issues; payroll taxes; internal controls; fraud prevention; retirement planning; QuickBooks®/Sage 50; New accounting pronouncements
SEK has been performing our annual governmental auditing services since 1981. Their audit team is first rate and provides reliable and dependable client services. Their staff is very efficient and exhibits a high level of quality and excellence with their specialized knowledge and skills set. SEK exhibits the highest level of commitment and dedication to clients and their individual needs. You can count on them for their honesty, integrity and excellence and have confidence in their work and the services they provide.
Sharon A. PurnellManagerHamilton Township Municipal Authority