Services / Business Valuations
Understanding the value of your business and using the most current methodology supported by the IRS and the courts is vital for strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, and change in ownership. Surveys of small businesses indicate that an owner’s retirement is dependent on the selling value of their small business, yet 82% of owners have not had a recent valuation. SEK’s David Maaskant adds that “this would be like going your entire career without checking your 401k balance until six months before retirement.”
In collaboration with SEK’s audit department, we offer Quality of Earnings reports for larger clients looking to transition or attract private equity. SEK’s business valuation professionals have experience in applying proven and accepted valuation methods and techniques, having provided formal valuations for hundreds of businesses of all sizes. We meet all of today’s IRS and state level requirements and work with attorneys in litigation matters.
What We Offer
We tailor the report and information to each client’s situation while adhering to industry-accepted guidelines. Our professionals have performed valuations for many purposes, including:
- Estate and gift
- State inheritance tax filing
- Litigation, including personal goodwill valuations, marital dissolution, and partner/shareholder agreements or disputes
- Trademark and intellectual property
- Bank lending reports, including reports required by SBA lending requirements
- Management use and succession planning
- Business acquisition support
- Purchase or sale of a business
How Our Clients Benefit
- Experience in performing valuations for a variety of industries and sized businesses
- Industry-accepted methodology by adhering to the standards of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) and the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Individualized valuations to fit each client’s unique situation
- Build value for business owners by identifying key areas of improvement and strategic planning
Member of the Firm David Maaskant dives into business valuations and the importance of having a business plan in place.
SEK came highly recommended to us and after working with them on our business valuation, it is obvious why they were proposed. The project was completed within the time frame and budget promised and was exactly what we were looking for when we engaged their services. Their meticulous research and the time spent getting to understand the inter-workings of our company give me complete confidence in the quality of the final work product.
Carol BodePresidentCB Flooring, LLC